- Fedora core 8 for guest OS
- Creation of virtual machine
- Warning Message
"Your host does not have synchronized TSCs. Please read VMware Knowledge Base article 2041".
Clicked on ok and let Fedora Core 8 power on.
- Issue Resolution
processor0.use = TRUE
processor1.use = FALSE
host.noTSC = "TRUE"
ptsc.noTSC = "TRUE"
host.TSC.noForceSync = "TRUE"
- Interesting findings:
While digging into the issue, I have come across some interesting resources. These resources are related to .VMX file which is generated by VMWare workstation and performance degradation issue for computers running windows xp sp2 on multiple processors with resolution fix pack from Microsoft.
Here are those resources for further reference on virtual machine file:
- Advanced parameters VMX-file parameters
- Article ID:896256 Computers that are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and that are equipped with multiple processors that support processor power management features may experience decreased performance
- Xtravirt is an innovative experts company dedicated to VMware Virtualization technologies and solutions. They have VMware Hot Tips, Webcasts, Downloadable Utilities, White papers and free virtualization products for VmWare ESX Server.